Having a hard time in your relationship? Did you fight with your best friend? Or had a bad day at work? Take a deep breath and have a slice of cheesecake! It will definitely make you feel better and shift your concentration from puzzles of life to the melt-in-mouth creamy cheesecake. And somewhere in between, you’ll realize it’s too good to be true. Well, that’s cheesecake for you! Ever since the beginning of time, mankind has tried hard to create the perfect cheesecake. There are different versions of it among which New York Cheesecake is quite popular in the whole world. With no fancy ingredients added or placed on top of it, New York Cheesecake is pure, unadulterated cheesecake that offers your taste buds a heavenly flavor.
So here is the recipe of New York Cheesecake that you can try making at home on special occasions or whenever you crave for it.
Ingredients Required For Cheesecake
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 8 ounce softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Make Cheesecake?
- For preparing crust- combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Stir it well until combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and on the sides of the pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, flour, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Beat them with an electric mixer until the mixture turns fluffy.
- Add eggs and egg yolks to the mixture and beat it on low speed until combined well. Stir in whipping cream and lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into a pan. And place the cake pan in a shallow baking pan containing hot water in the oven.
- Bake the mixture in a 325 degree F oven for about 1- 1 ½ hour until the edge turns light golden brown, the top is light gold, and the center barely shakes.
- Now remove the cheesecake from the water bath, transfer it to a wire rack and let it cool for two hours.
- Then, leave the cake in the pan, cover it up loosely with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours until it is completely cold.
- Run a knife around the sides of the tin to get rid of any stuck edges. Unlock the side of the springform, leaving the cake on the bottom of the pan. Slide the cheesecake from the bottom of the pan onto a plate and then remove the parchment paper from underneath.
- Slice the cake with a sharp straight-edge knife and serve it to your guest, friends, and family members.
Enjoy Your Cheesecake!